Sunday, May 10, 2009

Our little go-getter

Shiloh has been super fun and entertaining as she's moved into her 9th month of life outside of the womb. Take a look at what she can do!
  • Crawling with items, climbing stairs with items (don't worry, we're right behind her!), standing up with items, and bending down from standing to pick up an item and standing right back up!
  • The item to crawl with is preferably a sock or Mommy's slippers
  • She laughs when she hears/sees us laughing
  • She loves eating. But lately only if she is feeding herself, or at least holding a spoon at the same time. Here she is enjoying her first homemade waffle and her first avocado (I know...no bib again, but I figure if the shirt is already dirty, why put on a bib and get that dirty too?!)
  • Squeals when I come home from work (now THAT'S a good Mother's Day gift!)
  • Puts the ribbon tied to her stuffed puppy in her mouth and just leaves it there while she plays
  • Squeals in delight and laughs when she sees either her puppy or kitty and quickly crawls after them
  • Starting to cruise along furniture and pulls up on everything
  • Will play by herself for a little, but often comes to "touch base" with us before continuing playing
  • Used to be on her hands and knees when she woke up from naps and in the middle of the night...now she's almost always standing.
  • Waving bye-bye and playing so big
  • Opening cupboards, drawers, and doors
  • Turning off the lights when we leave the room
  • Drinking water out of a cup (this was one of the first times she didn't spill all over!)

My first Mother's day was wonderful. It started with an early phone call to my mom. I was hoping to catch her in Colorado before she and my dad went to church, house hunting and then she headed back to Wyoming-and I did! Then Shiloh and I joined Chris at church and I decided Mother's day is more fun than your birthday because everyone knows you're a mother and so lots of people give you nice greetings! Then we headed to lunch at our favorite restaurant, the Cu, in Waterloo, treating Chris' parents for a Mother's day brunch. That was followed by a trip to the pet store to buy cat litter, but mostly for a field trip for Shiloh. Next we all found some great deals shopping at TJ Maxx and finally came home. Chris surprised me by planning ahead and ordering me a fun new bag/purse that is sporty, functional, yet nice enough to take as a purse even when I don't carry anything for Shiloh in it. Thanks, honey :o)

The only unfortunate part of the day was when we arrived home and took Shiloh's temperature to find that she had a fever. Monday led me to the doctor again (for the 3rd week in a row) to find out she has an ear infection. This did however, allow me to find time to write....she's sleeping on my chest wrapped up in our still very functional moby wrap sling. I took my first sick day ever (except for maternity leave) so I could stay home and cuddle Shiloh today, and I don't regret it. We've enjoyed lots of naps and lots of laundry as she has managed to puke on or spit medicine on everything in sight today! On a better note, the diaper itching/yeast infection is almost better after 3 different prescription creams and an oral. I've felt like I've spent more time at the doctor than at home the last 3 weeks!

That's all for now, I'm planning to get some more pictures uploaded to the picasa site if this nap continues :o)

1 comment:

Emily Anne Carson said...

Hey there! So sorry Shiloh was sick. :( Poo! But glad she's feeling better. LOVE the video. BIG GIRL.

:) Love you all!!!!