
Wow! Isn't she cute!? As the photo says, Shiloh spent her first (and second and third) day with our friend Robyn this week. Robyn is caring for her on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays while both Mom and Dad are at work. It is such a blessing to know that Shiloh is in such wonderful hands while we are serving others at our jobs. Then Dad stays home with Shiloh on Thursdays and Fridays, and attempts to get some work done at home while she naps. He works enough weekend and night hours that this should work out for now! I managed to survive the first week as well, but as soon as I got home on Monday I just held Shiloh and cried. I really missed her and often wonder why I am called to be at work while SOOO many of my friends are called to stay at home with their kids, at least part-time. But being back at work reminded me of the great many gifts and passions I have to share with parents and children in poverty. I'm even going to be taking over the coordination of the teen parent program I work with. So for now, as this work at Head Start and with the Young Parents Together program is still calling me, I am just extremely thankful for the wonderful care Shiloh receives that allows me to continue doing God's work in those areas. And how awesome that Robyn took pictures so we could all enjoy that great first day of being apart!
Other news for this 2-month-old includes her first roll. The night we came back from Nashville, Shiloh apparently had enough energy built up from sleeping in that carseat all day that she rolled over from her tummy to her back! She has yet to do it again....that time will come for sure!
Shiloh also had her first shot. We decided to do some vaccinations now, but spread them out, and wait until she's older for others. This all seemed like a good idea until I had to watch her get poked and then scream! But we've done a lot of research and prayer and feel like this is the best decision for us and Shiloh. So instead of getting several shots at a time, we'll take her in almost monthly to get one or two shots so her little body doesn't get overloaded with aluminum and lots of other scary things! This vaccination business was one of the hardest decisions to make!
And onto happier things
And somewhat out of order, but important just the same, Shiloh's Aunt Laura made a brief appearance in Iowa, so we had a chance to go see her for a couple hours last Sunday. That's all for now, be sure to check out the photo album for some more great pics! Have a wonderful week and I'll do my best even with the crazy hectic life of a working Mom to keep you updated!
2 comments:
Hey Erin
I've been thinking about your post, about being called to work while others are called to stay at home. I just want to encourage you to continue even though it is not easy and far from perfect. I feel something similar, except about my work and money. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Mandy Schwandt
she is soo cute! I can't wait to see more of her!
Post a Comment