Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Things she says...

"Silly Daddy, there's more in there" (when Daddy told her the cheerios were gone)

"Please Mommy hold lou (you)" which she quickly corrects to "Please Mommy hold ME!"

"I see Walwa Tooting Dod book!" (I see Walter the Tooting Dog book. The real title includes the word Farting ,which we are not really against, but since she already knew what tooting was, the word seems to have been permanently replaced....)

And while praying during breakfast one Saturday morning, right before we returned a Walter the Farting Dog book to the library...."Thank you Walwa Tooting Dod be home."

Other sweet prayers include "Thank you Daddy be home, thank you Mommy be home"

Shiloh is our constant commentary on life. Within a few minutes one night as I picked her up from Robyn's house she said "Mommy get keys now" when I tried to open the door and it was locked. Followed by "Mommy orange peel" which she saw in the car. Followed by "Mommy get milk now" as we drove up to the dairy outlet.

And that's how life goes.
"Liloh has pink shirt on"
"Daddy has brown eyes"
"Mommy has blue eyes"
"Liloh has blue eyes"
"Lucy eat dog food"
"Mommy eat edd (egg)"
And on and on and on!!!

Since we're still working on pronouns, she sometimes gets confused as the following conversation shows...
Me: What is your name?
Shiloh: Erin.
Me: Really? Hmm...What is Daddy's name?
Shiloh: Chris
Me: What is your name?
Shiloh: Erin (in an I-already-told-you voice)
Me: Well who are you?
Shiloh: Liloh!
Mostly I'm just amazed that she knows our names.....

No comments: