- Wonderful trip to Colorado
- Return from Colorado to cold, bleak, and very snowy Iowa
- A broken camera
- A new camera, but without a USB cord (and we don't have a card reader either)
- Plenty of fun pictures, but no way to share them yet (we're working on it, just need to take time to go to the store!)
- Chris working lots at church, including several days of helping install a new sound system
- And me working all day, doing supper & bedtime for Shiloh and then crashing due to extreme fatigue. Oh yes, and wishing all day that I was throwing up because it might relieve the nausea. I'm now seeing a light at the end of the 1st trimester tunnel, and I actually find myself with a bit of energy still and it's already 8:30 p.m.! And I've cut back significantly on the crackers and 7up. Hooray!
I can't even begin to catch you up on Shiloh's development, funny moments, and beautiful personality. I'll try some bullet points and we'll go from there!
- Happy 18 month birthday Feb. 4!
- She's speaking in mostly 3-word sentences, sometimes more
- She adores the new baby, Ernie, at Robyn's house (her beloved babysitter) and has since named several other baby dolls after Ernie. She also has a doll named Heavy and one named Light at Robyn's house. And according to weight, she has named them correctly.
- She is consumed for much of her day by taking care of her baby dolls. Dressing them, changing poopy diapers, feeding them, strolling them around, putting them in high chairs, putting them "nigh-nigh." She is a very busy little girl.
- She has an obsession with poopy diapers which has resulted in a few successful potty chair experiences, but mostly just a lot of talk about who's poopy, who's on the potty, etc. And I can't help but share my favorite quote of the week, "Daddy toot."
- We're enjoying singing some songs and allowing Shiloh to fill in the words when we stop. She does such a great job!
- There are endless moments of laughter, more frequent moments of frustration as she is definitely into the "testing" stage of toddlerhood, but it is just delightful to watch her grow! I knew I would love several aspects of being a parent, definitely including the infant stages and the 3+ years. I was a little worried I wouldn't handle the toddler years well, but it is so much more amazing and rewarding than I could have ever imagined. We are so blessed by this little girl!
2 comments:
Congratulations!! That's amazing news. :) I hope your battle w/ nasuea passes soon. :) Tell Chris congrats for us as well!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let's have a phone date soon!
Post a Comment