Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Birthday Pictures

Shiloh's birthday party on August 2, 2009.

The yummy homemade yogurt pie with a fruity version of the Very Hungry Caterpillar


What is going on? Why are 20 people standing around staring at me and singing?


You're supposed to do what with this candle?


Finally! Someone took that hat off and is going to give me some food!
Posted by Picasa
What??! You put the hat back on?! I don't think so.Well, I guess I'll try this, but man, look at that massive watermelon bowl full of fruit. That's what I really want!


Mmm...this cake is supposedly good for me, but I'm detecting some sugar in the whipped cream...Really, Mom? You're letting me have sugar?

Time to open some presents! I'd rather take a nap since I skipped my afternoon nap despite Mom's careful planning. But all these boxes with paper and excited people have managed to energize me. I am definitely an extrovert if you haven't guessed by now.


I'm getting tall, but this present is definitely still taller!


Wow! I even get illegal fireworks from Missouri for my birthday. Thanks, Dad!
What a fun couple hours surrounded by family, godparents, and self-appointed uncles to help me celebrate. Thank you everyone for a great day and some great gifts!!


Shiloh's birthday, August 4, 2009

Mom made homemade pancakes with strawberries in them for breakfast before she went to work. I still don't know why there is a stick with fire on it in my food. And seriously....forget the fancy food and just give me the fruit. I can see those blueberries on the table...


Don't let this picture deceive you. All I ate for breakfast was blueberries. And of course the whipped cream on top of the pancake that was touching the blueberries.


Here I am exactly one year old, to the minute. Naturally, I'm eating fruit.


Jacque came over for my mac and cheese dinner (which, did I mention? I chose to eat only the fruit) and get some "one on one" time with me!


And Mom and Dad gave me their presents too!


All in all, I'd say it was a pretty good birthday!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's pretty crazy how big they get in one year. Jeez.

Kara said...

Adorable. What a blessing!

In Light of the Truth... said...

what a sweetie!

Emily Anne Carson said...

:) :) :) :) :) Happy birthday, beautiful girl!!!!! Looks like a great day!